The Ice Rocket encases robots in ice when they are directly hit. While frozen, robots cannot take any action, and take 15 damage (or more at higher levels) for every turn they remain encased (for at least 1 turn, up to 4 or more). Frozen robots have a chance each turn to break free; if they do so, they get to take their full turn as normal. As well, any attack on the frozen robot, whether directly from a weapon or from exploding bits from a destroyed robot, will break the ice without dealing damage to the robot.
The Ice Rocket is ideal for immobilizing tough robots in the beginning of a level, giving you time to deal with other robots without having to worry about being hit. Don't go overboard with it, though - the damage is usually lower than what other weapons can deliver (even when figured over the entire time the robot is frozen), and then you have to either wait for the robot to unfreeze or 'waste' a turn breaking their ice.
Levels of the Ice RocketEdit
- 30 Opal, 30 Amethyst, 40 Nickel, 40 Platinum to get this weapon at level 1.
- Level 1: 15 damage points. (Has been known to do less)
- 40 Opal, 40 Amethyst, 55 Nickel, 55 Platinum to upgrade to level 2.
- Level 2: 19 damage points.
- 60 Opal, 60 Amethyst, 80 Nickel, 80 Platinum to upgrade to level 3.
- Level 3: 23 damage points.
- 95 Opal, 95 Amethyst, 120 Nickel, 120 Platinum to upgrade to level 4.
- Level 4: 27 damage points
- 150 Opal, 150 Amethyst, 200 Nickel, 200 Platinum to upgrade to level 5.
- Level 5: 30 damage points
- The Ice Rocket is required in gaining the "In For the Chill" medals.